iPad Pro 2020 vs 2018 | Performance Test - Is A12Z Any BETTER Than A12X?

I’ve had my 2020 iPad Pro models (the 11 inch and 12.9 inch) for just about a day now, and while I’m not quite ready to give you my full review or any in depth comparisons today I have an in-depth performance test which pits the iPad Pro 2018’s A12X up agains the “new” A12Z found in the 2020 iPad Pro. Not only do I conduct synthetic benchmarks, but I also test real world performance (opening apps, testing ram management, gaming and 4K video editing) in order to determine if these processors are all that different.

1. Funfest iOS
    Funfest iOS says:

"done"
    "iPad entry"
    Why:Because I have always wanted an iPad but I never have a chance to have one. I really want one because I wanted to use it for work purposes but my family doesn't have enough to buy me an iPad.

2. Dong Jiayun
    Dong Jiayun says:

“Done”
    “iPad entry”
    Why: I am a college student taking computing and I would really like to have an iPad Pro (it has a fast processor for coding). I also do not own a laptop so having that would be really convenient for me to bring to school.

3. Minecraft Physics
    Minecraft Physics says:

"Done"
    "Ipad Entry"
    Why: I really wanna start making youtube videos about the physics behind Minecraft and I would really appreciate an Ipad to help me edit my videos and to also help me study for my exams 🙂 Thank you.

4. Dante
    Dante says:

"Done"
    "iPad Entry"
    Why: I am a broke german Student and can't afford a iPad on my own. Also I love drawing and wanted to learn digital drawing anyway so this video comes just at the right time 🙏😊

5. Farhan Aslam
    Farhan Aslam says:

"ipad"
    "done entry"

i wants this ipad because i am student and also tutor of kids i am teaching all of them free of cost and i wants them to teach visually like animation it would be way easy for me to create animation for my town kids

6. Aayush Koirala
    Aayush Koirala says:

"Done"
    "iPad Entry"
    Why: not only I want to watch your youtube videos with my brother's cat on a larger screen, I also want to use ipad for note taking for college.

Love your very detailed videos btw.

7. ALAA ARAFAT
    ALAA ARAFAT says:

"Done"
    "Ipad Entry"
    why: I am in my senior year in the high school , and i really need the ipad for my college especially my major,=, and i will really help me to support my parents financilly because it is somehow expensive .
    wish for me luck and good luck for all 🙂
    Is this giveawy international

8. Maxx Roerink
    Maxx Roerink says:

“Done”
    “iPad entry”
    Why: Because of the corona virus I gave my iPad to my grandparents so I could still see them by using FaceTime. It would be nice if I can get a new one so they can keep my old iPad Air 2. I hope that everyone stays safe and healthy! Good luck!

9. Dominic Hammel
    Dominic Hammel says:

While the performance is the same, the cooling solution is supposedly better and thus the performance dip when getting a bit warmer might be smaller. Not that I ever noticed a dip on my 2018 model except when I played fortnite with a controller and had group video FaceTime on the side 😅😂.

10. Gleichtritt
    Gleichtritt says:

seems like apple is going a new strategy here, the money they will make, will come with the new keyboard, since everyone who has the 2018 ipad will think "oh i dont need to spend 900$ this time, i can easily go with the keyboard now. 300$ is much less than 800$

11. Thenoncrapulentfool
    Thenoncrapulentfool says:

I am sticking with my 2018 iPad Pro but if I had an older model and needed an upgrade I would still think about a refurbished 2018 . It’s hard to say yet until I see what the LiDAR and microphones can do .
    I am not bashing the new iPad Pro but so far improvements seem marginal.
    I am going to keep following you closely as you are a very good YouTube for tech and working hard

12. GardnerOne
    GardnerOne says:

Hey Noah, does watching an ad the whole way through help, or do you have to actually click on the ad to benefit you?

Always like to support where I can, might as well make it as effective as possible.

13. Space Stone
    Space Stone says:

I want the iPad Pro because mine is a 2017 iPad Pro and it broke 3 months ago because i dropped it maybe my reason is not "reasonable" as others but i still want it and i'm a (broke) artist