Arnova 8 G2, $176 8" Android Tablet

The Arnova 8 G2 is now available with an 8″ capacitive screen, ARM Cortex-A8 RK2918 processor for $176 at http://goo.gl/uV4Cw

1. crashtestpilot24auto
    crashtestpilot24auto says:

@MsArtyom97 не знаю.
    сегодня обнаружился все тот же глюк. при срабатывании будильника. лечится как я уже говорил подключением к компу по усб

2. crashtestpilot24auto
    crashtestpilot24auto says:

@MsArtyom97 ну он глючил одно время . то есть не включался при заряженной батарее. лечилось через раз присоединением к компу через усб. щас вроде не тревожит. если хочешь бери в принципе. только с емкостным дисплеем и 1ГГц процем.

3. Lechiffresix six
    Lechiffresix six says:

@Charbax dunno but I've had mine for 3 days and it already freezes.I am away from home and I have just reset it by pressing that little hole on the left with a needle.Now I can't switch it back on. This aggravates me to no end.I was clicking thru the pages of a pdf doc when the screen went blank. SMH! if u can help pls

4. IN4ORM
    IN4ORM says:

@Charbax
    Not getting at you at all. Just my experience with it was not great at all. My advise is if anyone decides to get the resistive screen version then buy a stylus for it.

5. Jim Speir
    Jim Speir says:

@Charbax ahhh just googled there , those features are coming to the arnova 10 , they are selling one currently that is the 600MHz rockchip rk28 with resistive screen but a new one is coming out with , as you say android 2.3, a 1GHz rockchip rk29. It was supposed to have been released in april but if your saying its still to be released then it might have moved back…

6. Charbax
    Charbax says:

@jimbo80982 There are two versions, the cheaper resistive RK2818 one with Android 2.1, and the slightly more expensive Arnova with capacitive multi-touch, Android 2.3 Gingerbread (Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade also likely), much faster RK2918 processor, etc. I recommend you only look for buying the RK2918 based one when it comes out.

7. Jim Speir
    Jim Speir says:

@Charbax Is this one multi touch? I suspect not but nowhere is giving any information on it , just saying its resistive which seems to be a single touch device. Im thinking of getting one of these to play with my server remotely on webmin 🙂

8. Charbax
    Charbax says:

@g00dn3t Archos software supports Samba/Upnp file sharing, but the Rockchip software might not support it yet, I am not sure perhaps Rockchip and Archos has been able to add it now with the RK2918 also being powerful enough for 1080p MKV streaming over the WiFi.

9. RobinNX
    RobinNX says:

charbax hi, first thanks for the review of the two tablets, and it raises several questions, tell me you would know which month will go on sale in Europe and also told me that the hardware upgrade that will make in April with the capacitive screen and all that, the price would remain the same as with resistive screen as the videos are now on, this information is correct or do you know if you know nothing? thank you very much and I look forward to your response.